Sunday, December 21, 2008

there's a first for everything

well, our interest in blogs was recent. and as per usual, we were inspired to start our own blog. but this a different blog, this is a blog of two. two teenage girls stuck in an oil puddle [a.k.a Saudi Arabia]. this will be a first for people worldwide hearing about the 'fashion scene' in saudi arabia , or lack there of. so, our names are kia and reem [16 and 15 years old respectively]. here's a little about each of us:

K.
16american: maryland
loves music and photography
im not really that into fashion, but i like the aesthetic of clothes
i would describe my style as alice in wonderland on acid
im pretty random, and i like to laugh. ill laugh at anything pretty much
at first i was reluctant to do this but i think that it'll be a good outlet for our creativity and an opportunity for me to get my art and photography out there
so thats me in a nutshell (im allergic to nuts)

R.
15
lebanese
loves fashion and music
i've been interested in fashion since i was 13 [not too long ago]
i would describe my style as minimalist meets vintage
i'm also pretty random
it was my idea to start this blog considering i was the one who is very interested in this blog business. i am also the one who sold my soul to the fashion industry.
i think it's a way for me to showcase my fashion to people who will actually [hopefully] appreciate it, unlike here in saudi arabia, where everyone in my school finds juicy trackpants the highlight of the fashion world *gags*
so that's me in a ...shell [i'm allergic to ...]

so we plan to divide this blog into two, which will hopefully give it some flavaa


a little bit about the name.
it was derived quite randomly and considering the fact we are far from normalcy, it comes as no surprise.
1. we both agreed that we love french fries.
2. since this blog will be fundamentally about fashion , we decided fashion fries is more adequate
3. it comes as no shock that R. is quite infatuated by maison martin margiela and his fantastical, whimsical designs. therefore, maison de fashion fries was born.

:)

-R. & K.

No comments:

Post a Comment